Wednesday 18 December 2013

Piling on the Layers






| Overcoat: Ralph Lauren | Sweater & Shirt: Frank & Oak | Tie: Simons | Boots: Aldo |

Photos by Hempel Photography

Hello Gentlemen,

Glad to see you all back here again. I'm happy to be sporting the newest additions to my wardrobe in this post. With all the Black Friday madness this year I took advantage of Frank and Oak's exceptional sales and purchased a couple items I have had my eye on since October from the comfort of my home. On a side note take the time to check out this online company. They have a very stylish collection of menswear at great prices, and it's a Canadian company!

The day we took these pictures was a very deceptively cold day (but what's new in Alberta). But given the cold it was the perfect day for me to give you all an idea of how you can stay warm while not forsaking fashion. How can this be done you may ask?? The answer is simple...

...Layers!!

As you can see I have matched up a chambray button up shirt with the V-neck sweater underneath my overcoat. And if I had any sort of inkling as to what the weather was actually like I would have layered even more with a stylish blazer.

Layers are your best friend on these cold wintery days as they allow you stay warm but then adjust to the warmer indoors by taking one, two, three, or as many layers as you want off. Just make sure you're in an appropriate location before you get down to your natural layer...

The other great thing about this outfit is you can make it more formal or keep it casual with a tie that adds just a pop of colour!

So go ahead and layer up this winter; broaden your horizons by mixing and matching your layers with different colours and patterns. And if you're unsure about the combination you are putting together tweet us a picture and we'd be glad to give you our advice!

Stay Classy Gentlemen,

Harley

Don't forget to follow us:
Twitter @bplifeandstyle
Pinterest & Facebook: Bowties & Pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...