Friday 13 September 2013

Pushing the Boundaries









| Shirt: H&M | Pants: H&M | Tie: Penguin | Tie Bar: Tip Top | Jacket: Buffalo |
| Shoes: Mr. B's for Aldo | Socks: H&M | Sunglasses: Joe Fresh | Watch: Skagen |

Well the second week of school has ended and I can't help but notice that there are a lot more well dressed gentlemen strolling around campus. I must say I am very impressed Gentlemen! I find myself wishing I had my camera handy so I could go all Sartorialist but I'm afraid I may come off a tad creepy lol. So instead I will share with you my creations for your viewing pleasure.

The one item in my wardrobe that I have received compliments for on more than one occasion are my pair of red jeans. And those compliments are usually followed by comments such as "There aren't many men that can pull those off!". Now that may be the case and definitely was my thought when I first bought these beauties. But the experience of these jeans have taught me a very important lesson in fashion.

I must confess that my beautiful, fashion forward wife suggested a couple of years ago that I should buy a pair of red skinny jeans. And when she expressed this idea I was very unsure. Although I bought them, I strongly considered returning them because I didn't believe that I could "pull them off". But after much convincing that I looked great in them I wore them to work. I timidly walked into work wondering what people would say. And to my surprise right away people loved them!

This was a key moment in the development of my personal style as from here on out I have had the confidence to try new things and push the boundaries.

Stay Classy Gentlemen,

Harley


Photos by Esther H.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...